Almond Coconut Balls
A treat for our loved ones, made with just two ingredients by Karin from the FB group 'Vegan Hund!? Ja klar!' These little almond coconut balls are not only totally easy to make with only two ingredients, but are also the perfect treat for our four-legged friends. This shows once again that it doesn't always have to be super complicated, but that a great snack can also be made from two simple ingredients, which, by the way, not only tastes good for dogs, but can also tempt us to snack on them😉.
20g coconut flakes
I removed the skins of the almonds because the balls look especially neat without the darker skin patches, but I don’t think it is necessary.
1. Place the almonds in a bowl.
2. Pour hot water over them and let them sit for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, drain and cover with hot water a second time.
4. Leave to rest for 5 minutes and drain again.
5. Now the soaked almonds can be skinned with the fingers.
6. Put the skinned almonds in a blender and puree until it turns into
a marzipan-like paste.
7. Pour the almond mixture into a bowl and add the coconut flakes.
8. Knead everything well until a homogeneous mass is formed.
9. Shape into small balls with your hands.
Contain high quality protein, unsaturated fatty acids, magnesium, calcium and copper. They also have B vitamins and vitamin E.
Are rich in potassium, copper, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and dietary fibre. They also contain vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid.
Leave A Comment